I have been craving Indian food all week. Here is one that I created earlier this week. It is vegan, sugar free, oil-free, and gluten free just like you’ll find in all the recipes that I post here. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I did.
1 small head of Cauliflower
5 small potatoes
One Medium Onion
1/2 cup diced celery
3 cloves garlic
14.5 0z can fire roasted diced tomatoes (I blended mine in a blender for a creamier sauce)
14.5 0z. Can of Coconut Milk ( I used full fat)
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Powdered Cumin
1/2 tsp Cayenne (more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp Onion Salt
1 tsp Curry Powder ( I used some I purchased at Costco. Coriander, Turmeric, Ginger,
Fennel, Cumin, Black Pepper, Salt, Garlic, Fenugreek, Chilli)
1 tsp Garam Massal (I purchased some from World Market. Coriander, Cumin, Ginger, Cassia, Black Pepper, Cloves)
1/2 tsp Ginger Powder
1/2 TBLS Arrow Root Powder (to thicken sauce)
- Saute the diced onion, celery and garlic in vegetable broth. Add more broth as needed. Saute until translucent and celery is a bit softer. It doesn’t need to be completely soft.
- Add the can of fire roasted tomatoes. I blended mine in the blender to make the sauce creamier.
- Add 1 cup vegetable broth. chopped potatoes and chopped cauliflower.
- Add all the spices. Don’t add the arrowroot powder yet.
- Cook covered for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally and check vegetables for tenderness.
- Once vegetables are tender add 1 can of coconut milk and arrowroot powder. cook to thicken then serve over rice.